Monday 27 August 2012

TOPIC DISCUSSION 2


Facebook’s privacy issues!

Are you aware of this? Would you still stay on Facebook after knowing this?



Well I'm not really aware about this problem before, but now I had do some research and read about this issues for this assignment and I noticed that Facebook privacy settings are not working correctly. My Facebook account was in private but when I search my name on search engines, my Facebook link will come first at the top and some of my ppictures would came out on the images part. 

It sound creepy when I read that there's many application that can be used to scan people pictures and face to get an information on their Facebook. It really dangerous especially for students, teenagers and women.






But I don't think I can stop using Facebook since it already became a part of my daily life. Facebook provide an interesting online games to be play. Sometimes when I'm bored, I'll spend my time on the Facebook playing The Sims Social and other stuff. Facebook also help me to stay connected with my family, friends from the oversea, high school friends and my virtual friends. Through it, I can get to know what they up to from time to time through the chat box, daily photo and wall status. 

Now, even in my universities I need to use this social network, most of my lecturer will asked us to join their classes subject group to discuss about the assignment and do the submission online on Facebook wall. Well I think for the collage's or university's, discussion on the Facebook is not a bad idea because by viewing people works we can learn and improving our work.  

To avoid this kind of privacy issues, I think we just need to stop or avoid sharing an important information through the Facebook and do not accepting any friend request from people we don't know at all.


NUR ILYA KHAIRIAH BINTI ALIAS ( 1112700340 )


6 comments:

  1. I agree with Ilya, we just need to avoid sharing important thing through Facebook because important matter we can deal it with other safety way..
    Another thing is , in university our lecturer also told us to discuss with each other using Facebook because Facebook make us easier to interact with each other... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right Ilya~ It will be dangerous if your information on facebook appear on the search engine.. Who knows what other people might do after gaining those important information of yours >_>! Like Ain said, try avoid sharing important information on facebook, It can change your life's privacy on facebook ;).. Oh~ do be careful to when using random application on facebook, as some of the apps will have access to your information. \(*`o`)/

    ReplyDelete
  3. For safety I think we should separate an email for different kind of stuff on the internet like for social media, studies and account bank such as CIMB Click. I hate it when facebook keep sending alot of unimportant stuff through my email.

    Farzura! be careful! I heard you play online games on facebook too :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahha yeah I know it can be annoying to receive the not-so-important stuff from facebook.. but there is always the option to limit how you want facebook to notify you through e-mail. arhhhhh :D Online game is a must!! I just can't help myself from using the apps on facebook although I know the risks of it! It is addictive! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didnt know there's an option to limit the notify...
    Well, The Sims Social is addictive! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a good thing that you researched for this. There is no such thing as REAL privacy. Any website on the internet that requires registration will store your data in order for you to use. How will they allow you to login if they cannot store your password? From there on, information you have exposed is also stored, it's only a matter of who has the access to it and what they do with it.

    ReplyDelete