Tuesday 28 August 2012

Facebook's Privacy Issues




The issues that are brought up is a privacy issues at Facebook. Most of us use Facebook to post about their personal info but do we know that 'some kind of people' took that info and do something beyond our thinking. They can have our personal information by the picture that match with our picture.



Of course, I'm aware about this issues because it about my own privacy, my own life. There are the pros and cons of the social media. The pros about it is we can contact our friend and family member without any charge but the cons is the privacy.

Yet, after knowing about the privacy issues, I'll still stay on Facebook because Facebook is the only way for me to contact with my old friends. Moreover, Facebook is also the place where I get information about the world and to have interaction with my classmates, lecturers and my groups. Besides that, in Facebook, we can change our privacy setting either to set it as Public, Friends, Only Me and Customs. For me, the personal information like address, mobile number, I didn't state there just to protect my privacy. The user can change/setup the privacy according to their comfort. So, Yes, with that kind of settings, I'll stay on Facebook and make sure that privacy is secured.


FARAH WAHIDA BT. MOHAMAD ZAKIR
1102703423

5 comments:

  1. I also agree with Farah cz I cant stop using Facebook,I'll still using Facebook..From my point of view, I think many people nowadays cant stop using Facebook cz Facebook connects all people around the world without limitations...
    What we need to do is, we just need to be careful about the matter that we post,we also can change our privacy setting either to set it as puclic , friends , custom or just for us... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too.. i think facebook is a must for these days.. even on mobile phones facebook are available.. we just need to be smart on the information that are required on the facebook.. perhaps we might just leave it empty like the phone number..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes , I also agree with Athirah.. never post or provide personal information in social network ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Farah did a good thing by not putting her personal information such as address and mobile number. It really dangerous to put that kind of information because for some mobile phone the number will be saved automatically on the phones, like Samsung mobile phone that im using right now, I bought it then sign in to facebook and all my facebook friend phone number come out on my phone....thats annoyed me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Social networks tend to TRY to make their users feel that their personal information is protected. Of course, Facebook stays true to what can be done. Ordinary users can do nothing to us if we keep our information protected by allowing only certain group of people to access it. However, Facebook do not have as much security as to be able to truthfully protect us; the informations we have entered remain with them as a collection of data. We, as users, are the ones who have provided these information, therefore it is only logical that Facebook keeps them in its database. This is, unfortunately, also what makes it easy for hackers to obtain our information, no matter single or mass collection.

    ReplyDelete