Tuesday 21 August 2012

ACT 114A

What is ACT 114A?

An amendment through a debate at parliament in Malaysia, states that any of the user on the Internet that are misuse of information and re-published as theirs, will be tracked and can be sue due on the act that have been created.

How could ACT 114A affect you?

I owned an Internet connection at home and when  I read about the act, I'm scared that someone will hacked the password and the possibility for me to be sue is high if him/her misuse of the free facility. Besides that, I also owned a blog and also a Facebook account but I rarely post an issues related to the politic. I always post about my personal and also about the assignments and I make it as public, so that I can get response from anyone from all over the world. So, I guess, I safe from that!

Does it really matter?

Yeah, of course it really matter to me because if someone misuse of it, the system will tracked the owner of the account, administrator, host and related. For me, the act is not fair for the owner of the account. If he/ she didn't know who misuse of it, he/ she can be easily charged and I think its not fair for the owner especially the people who have an Internet connection (wifi).

Should you be concerned?

Of course I need to be concerned of it because nowdays, Internet is something that we needed. We can't live without the Internet. Moreover, we paid for the Internet. So, we have a freedom to talk and post what we want up to a certain level. It just the act is not being fair to the owner. So, yeah, please eliminate this act as it trouble other people.


FARAH WAHIDA BT. MOHAMAD ZAKIR
1102703423

4 comments:

  1. you are saying we should eliminate the act because we pay for the internet? ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of us pay for the Internet..even yourself..according to the act, if someone hacked your Internet server, and create a fake account, you can be charged..do you want to be charged on thing that you didn't do? That's why I want this act to be eliminate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what do u think about making a fake account.. how will the person know who is the actual host?

    ReplyDelete
  4. which person do you meant it?? is it the one who create the fake account or the person who track people?

    ReplyDelete