Monday 20 August 2012

Topic 1 ACT 114A


What is ACT 114A?

114A is a 14 August 2012 of Internet Blackout Day. This act tracking online users where they can be sues if they were found guilty for posting something illegally, sensitive or politically issues on an article or social media network. Well, even if it was posted by someone else but under the owner authorities of email, mobile devices and network registered named. The owner will be the one to accused for the blame.



How will it affect you?


It can affect me as the online user because they interrupted my privacy and freedom on the internet. If I get accused for this act I'll need to solve someone else wrongs which causes a lot of trouble and at the same time putting my name under the crime list. For me it is dangerous.



Does it really matter? 

For me it really matter, because to people who was innocent, they can be more stressful and depressed if this kind of law became a part of their burden. Getting accused for something we didn't do is scary, especially when we were presumed as 'guilty until proven innocent!'



Should you be concerned?

Of course I should be concerned about this matter since i was a part of other internet users. Well I'am someone who usually did not sign out my social network site such as facebook and twitter through own mobile or own laptop because I think that I need update my status from time to time and it kind of burden some when i need to log in and out all the time and sometimes i forgot the password. It would be unfair if someone interrupt my online activities or get accused for something that not my doing but was posted by some else.



NUR ILYA KHAIRIAH BINTI ALIAS ( 1112700340 )





7 comments:

  1. have you joined the wordpress group to stop the act?
    i also agree with you, im not the type tht'll log out..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaha I agree with you Ilya! And I know many of us out there who are lazy to log in and log out because it is such a waste of time! So I decided to keep on letting the social network web sites to always remember me(which means you will be able to go to the facebook account without having to enter your password). But what worries me is when someone decided to borrow your laptop for work but then they end up on your social network account and post something that is unwanted! I'll be doom if that actually happen to me! This Act 114A is not something that we can look down on easily. Who knows one day, we might be one of their victims!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also agree with you all... :) I'm too lazy to log in and log out because I do not have to log in again when I want to update my social network accounts , it waste my time..hahahhahaha *even i know this would be detrimental me if someone use my social network account... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actively clear all of my data on the browser after hearing news about Google keeping our browsing histories, i suggest you all do too, especially when you are about to conduct research on political issues or... ahem... perform illegal actions. :P I must agree strongly that it is a waste of time and it can be stressful for an accused to deal with the act as to prove themselves innocent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. but what if the "hacked" issue is due to our carelessness because we did not log out our social website account properly.. it is our responsibility right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also agree with Nur Ilya Khiariah opinion about ACT114, for me it seen like someone want to enter our personal thing or issue and it will become something that annoying when we have to do something that have to repeat and repeat again.

    ReplyDelete